- The WMU ladies are planning a pool party and a block party for the children at the Children's Home in Monticello. Also, they have information packets available for new church members.
- Brother Tracy Reed is leaving the BCM to take a ministry position in Crossett. There will be a farewell party for him at First Baptist Church, Monticello on May 26.
- It is time for the Baby Bottle ministry to support HopePlace. If you need baby bottles, call Robin. The campaign runs from Mother's Day to Father's Day. New HopePlace billboards are going up soon and new volunteers are being trained. Decisions are being made to CHOOSE LIFE!!!
- The Baptist Home is finally fully staffed. They have had two young men surrender to the ministry and they are taking 15-20 students on mission to Kansas this summer!
- Bro. David Mitchell is excited that we have been asked to come back to lawrence, Kansas. We will be doing block parties, hanging doorhangers, and doing work projects, amoung other things. He is also hoping we will have a backpack ministry in August. He also reported that his work with Calvary Baptist, in Monticello is coming to an end.
- Church Camp information is available at the BBA office. The Association voted to give a $75 scholarship to each camper, to help with costs. (as funds allow).
- Bro. David asked that we think and pray about the establishment of a HopePlace in Warren, possibly in the unused office space at the Association office.
- We voted to double our support for missionary John Gaskin, serving in Lawrence, Kansas, due to his health issues and his de-funding by the IMB.
- Bro. David is in the process of putting together items for a Block Party unit for use by our associational churches for local ministry or mission trips!
- We will have a summer missionary working at HopePlace with Robin this summer. We will pay her a salary of $1,000 for the summer and HopePlace will give her a bonus at the end of the summer.
- Two ministries have been referred to committees for further study. One is a counselor who would like to use BBA office space in order to be able to counsel people outside of the hospital setting. (here current location) The other is Grace Cowboy Church. Studies will be made as to how we can best support this work.
- Our Association offers a $200 scholarship to Williams Baptist and to Ouachita Baptist Universities. Applications are available at the BBA office and are due by May 27.
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Just in case you missed the May Executive Board Meeting, here are the highlights!